Monday, November 06, 2006

Don't Eat the Fish!

After Monday, I swore never again to eat seafood in this country. To make a long and painful story short, I ate some bad fish when I was in Tongzhuo and paid dearly for it. From about 10:00 PM Sunday evening until 4:00 AM Monday morning, I experienced the worse vomiting and diarrhea than I knew was possible. I checked myself into the Beijing United International Hospital at 5:00 AM where I rehydrated, recuperated, and rested for almost 12 hours. It was a humbling experience; I have never felt so physically weak and spent, and now I feel more grateful for life and good health than I have in quite a while. Don't worry Mom, I'm better now!

4 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you were getting a little too bold about where and what you ate. Maybe it's time to go back to the hotel's meal plan? :)
I'm glad you're back to normal! Love,
Mom

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You eat scorpions, pig throat, and cow brains, and leave it to the fish to do you in... Glad you're feeling better. I guess I just got lucky. -- DMC <><

 
At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least you had a modern toilet to throw up in. I can think of some in Europe that I would rather not have to use when in that condition. Happy to hear that you are feeling better. You have to be a little more selective in what you eat.
Love you,
Gramma

 
At 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS -- I love the picture that accompanies the post, lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home