Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Afterward: Taking it all in

I needed this trip to Israel. The country is a very exciting place, in a much different way than Beijing. Those ten days were fast paced and eventful, but in spite of the rush I left physically, mentally, and spiritually restored. I feel more alive now than I did before

Em and I enjoyed Greece at a much slower pace, the way that country ought to be seen. Those days in Greece gave me a chance to rest and reflect like I have not been able to in ages, maybe since before my college years.

Now I am re-charged and ready to make the most of the rest of my time in Beijing. I do not know what these next five months will bring, but somehow I do not think it will be more of the same. So come what may, the night is still young. Life, I'll have another round!

Speaking of which... as soon as I came back I found out that my crew will be working mandatory overtime and Sundays. This is more than 75 hours a week. (In seven days, there are only 168 total hours.) My uplifted spirit is going to be tested by an unrelenting daily grind for the foreseeable future. However, every cloud has a silver lining - I'm making pretty good money.

Five months 'til Texas. Can't wait!

Yeehaw!

3 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll be praying for you. that's a lot of work :( Israel and Greece were awesome!!!
love you!

 
At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great travelogue with awesome pictures
Love you!
gramma

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man,
Sounds like your travels have brought you many great blessings, I wish I could have gone to those places too! Of course I am living in Italy, so I don't have much to complain about.
Pax tecum,
Br. Jesse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home