Monday, June 26, 2006

International Family




"Consequently, you are no longer foriegners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household." - Ephesians 2:19

The Beijing International Christian Fellowship was a church experience like none other. The church is strictly made up of foriegners. Chinese nationals cannot attend - one must have a foriegn passport to enter. I was very blessed to be able to worship with brothers and sisters from all over the world who spoke different languages and expressed their love for Jesus Christ in so many different ways. I thought that the international church gives a glimpse of what the risen church will be from the discription in Revelation 7:

"I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people, and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb... and they [praised Him] in a loud voice."

On a side note, one of the most moving songs we sang was: All around the world, let the praise begin!

I go to Tokyo on Sunday, hope I get to publsh another post before then. Been real busy though. God Bless Y'all!

2 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Blogger Global Oklahoman said...

glad you made it to the BICF. was it what you expected?

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

It was not what I expected... it was better! There were many more expats than than I had imagined. Lots of members have been coming for a very long time too - not everyone is a transient member.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home