Monday, September 04, 2006

Brave Soul, Tough Stomach

This is the one picture I have of myself and friends eating American food! Every meal here has been an adventure, but I have enjoyed all of it... without getting sick! God has blessed me with unusual cullinary courage, and a stomach of steel!


Here are some things which I have enjoyed these past few months, some of which I never would have ordered in the USA.

Of course y'all remember the scorpions, I think I got more comments from that post than any of my others! Crunchy and salty like potato chips.

The Colonel is in Beijing! Yes, Kentucky fried tastes just as greasy in China. Mmm good!

This is a shredded pork dish called "jing jiang rou si" I didn't know quite what to do with the noodles, though I finally ended up rolling them with pork; Chinese pig in a blanket!

A spicy fish soup which was very good. Any time you order fish in China, watch out for bones! Almost every fish dish is served with meat still on the bones.

Sushi in Tokyo, one of my favorites!

My friend Jay demonstrating how to properly eat a bowl of noodles. (Spoons are sacrelige.)
Beijing Duck: very good! It is a rare privilage to stare down one's food before eating it.

A bowl of Mongolian milk tea; a mixture of tea, milk, flour, butter, and whatever else you choose to put in it! In this bowl I also added goat cheese, bread sticks, and a spoonful of unidentifiable, but tastey sweet paste which was very good.

Just kidding!!! This kid is playing in a mongolian crockpot, but he's far too cute to eat!

4 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aahhh, now we get to the heart of the matter...good FOOD. It makes Nathan happy! I'm glad you're enjoying so many tasty dishes. The food itself looks like quite an adventure.
Love,
Mom

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mistakenly put my comment for this section 'Brave Soul, Tough Stomach' on the 'Heaven on Earth' blog.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

Haven't met a meal I didn't like yet... though I am careful about what I order most of the time.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i would take a second look at that duck too! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home