Sunday, August 13, 2006

Bike Beijing

Beijing is called the bicycle capital of the world; the city has more bicycles per capita than any other metroplex. It does take more than a little courage to brave the chaotic streets of Beijing, but these cars are accustomed to bicycles weaving in and out of traffic. If cyclists rode in the states like they do here, they’d be fender fodder in less than a week. But in two months, I have not seen a single bicycle accident. These are some pictures from my last two trips across town, to the Forbidden City last week, and last night to Grandma’s Kitchen, possibly my favorite home style restaurant anywhere in the world. I don’t know who taught Chinese chefs to cook a good country-fried steak, but it is delicious! This is also the only place we have found that can make good milk shakes.

My friend Beau “pumping” Kyle to the internet cafe on our way to the Forbidden City, Kyle was only with us for about three minutes of the fifty minute ride out.

The Forbidden City at night.

Oddly enough, there was dancing in the courtyard – this is me trying to get into the rhythm.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home