Saturday, September 09, 2006

Long Day


Wow, that's an ugly picture...

My blog may give you the false impression that all is fun and games here in China. I am working ten to twelve hours a day, six or seven days a week. There are evenings when I get in at 7:30 PM and only have enough energy to shower, eat in at the hotel, and sleep. Repeat this cycle of working, eating, and sleeping about three or four days out of the week, and you can see that there are extended periods of time where I lead a very uneventful life. This is why I try to make the most of my days off.

After three months on the job, I will never again take another which makes me come in on Sundays. One Sunday a month is still too many; God knew what he was doing when he told the Hebrews to rest one day a week – and I would really like to have two. So in this time of sifting I have found that one of the those things which I value most in life is the weekend. It keeps me sane.

That said, I still love my job; when I wake up in the morning I never dread coming to work because I like my crew and my boss, and every day brings new challenges. Every moment I have spent in China has been precious, invaluable; I still would not trade places with anyone in the world right now.

Even on Sunday.

Wish me luck at work tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home