Thursday, February 22, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

Chinese New Year’s Eve is just about the biggest party in this hemisphere. I had a blast!!! Traditionally, Chinese will return to their hometowns to reunite with their families for a few weeks during the new year. To celebrate, besides downing lots of rice wine and eating lots of dumplings, they also shoot off loads of fireworks everywhere, even in the cities. I have never seen a display like that night, and probably never will again. Even as I write this, I can see fireworks outside of my window: Chinese New Year lasts more than a week, and constantly every night, (and day) fireworks are exploding all around.

Chinese fireworks are awesome! For one, they are real cheap by American standards – I payed 380 RMB (USD $47.50) to fill a duffel bag with sparklers, roman candles, screamers, missils, black cats, and a few middle sized rockets. These fireworks were more than worth it! I set them off with some friends from church near the hotel and then some of us bummed around the city all night just watching the incredible display. Enjoy the pictures!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home