Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Camp(s)

During the weekend, I am usually seeking out new adventures in new places, fratenizing with friends, or just kicking back to relax and recover from a long work week. Call me crazy, but this past week I volunteered my time to be a youth camp counselor. Looking after high school and middle school kids is full of adventure, but definately not relaxing!

My high school kids, two weeks ago.

My middle school kids, last weekend

What youth camp would be complete without... face painting?

Girls look cuter with face-paint than guys.

Case-in-point: me, Sam, and two of my boys.


John and Joe, the BICF youth pastor, and inspiration for the famous JOreo flurry.


Keeping with the food theme, these are some kids at my workshop with un-labeled cans of food. The lesson was that you can't judge a person's value by looks, skills, or social grace (outward appearance.) These cans of various shapes and sizes contained condensed soup, tomato paste, fruit, carrots, and cat food. The kids had the option of eating whatever was in their can. : )

Dinner!

I can eat ANYTHING with chopsticks. Finger-food is no more!

Texans in Beijing

The great outdoors

This is what happens when you make a group of kids eat without their hands...

Aren't they cute?



Susan (forground) and Jay being expressive for the camera

Conner, my craziest middle schooler, being subdued by Rich, our Englishman.

1 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh...brings back memories! Looks like you had a great time.
Hey - you can probably appreciate this: I had a 4 year old trying to teach me how to use chopsticks the other day. I must admit that she wasn't very successful.
-Aunt Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home