Monday, March 05, 2007

Let it Snow!

I’ve told you before that Beijing is a crazy place... December and January were freezxing cold and very dry, but February was really pretty decent weather. Then Saturday was somewhat warm and rainy all day and in the evening a freak cold front moved through and turned all of that rain into snow! The snow fell all night and through Sunday morning. I had the second, and biggest, snowball fight of my life in front of the church yesterday! I’d like to think I gave better than I got, but this Houston Texan is about as good in a snowball fight as he is at any other winter sport.

So our first real snow finally came in March. It’s still on the ground in most places, but some of it has melted away. I discovered that working in the snow is much more fun than in the rain, but working in the sun when it is 90 degrees outside is best of all!

Enjoy the pictures! Some are taken in the park across from my hotel, and some are taken of a Chinese neighborhood I rode my bike through on my way to church. The Chinese kids are my favorite – some are bundled up so tight it looks like they can barely move!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home