Friday, May 04, 2007

It is Well

Have you ever been completely at peace? I'm not just talking about the kind of contentment that comes after eating a good meal, or relieving yourself after a long car trip, or from napping in the grass on a sunny day after finishing a stressful exam. To be completely emotionally and spiritually at peace; no anxiety, no nagging ambition, no worries. A moment of this kind of peace – to be really satisfied with what is – is a gift from above.

My time in Beijing is nearly finished - I expect to return to Texas June 16th, and I am content with the way my time has been spent. My expectations for this year were not met - they have been exceeded a thousand-fold! This has been an incredibly full year, I could never have guessed that I would do the things I have done, see the places I have seen, and met some of the most incredible people there could possibly be. Life is full of surprises - you just have to be open to guidance from the one who directs our paths, and be ready for an adventure!

4 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

all of your pictures are amazing!! :) absolutely beautiful. the chinese cooking class looks really neat, too. i enjoy seeing all of the random, awesome things you find to do in every city. :)
love you and can't wait to see you soon!!

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Why were you in China? Are you a missionary? I love your attitude and "It Is Well" is a great title to this post. It's also the name of one of my favorite songs. :)

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

I was not a missionary in Beijing, but I did meet a few during my stay. I was employed by an American Construction Company which was building the American Embassy in Beijing. I signed a contract for one year and the whole experience was very rewarding. I think there might be some more details in previous posts, if you are interested to know more.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Nathan, I started reading some of the past posts after I send this comment. They were really wonderful! I asked what I did because you said in one post you couldn't tell what you did (at that time)and you seem a very spiritual person so I was just curious. Hope you don't mind.

My grandfather was born in 1926 while his parents were missionaries in China so it's interesting to read about life over there 80+ years later.

Sorry if I were being too nosy, but I thank you for answering me.

Take care and Happy Easter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home